QP (provisional) Registration (grading)
- A QP registration applicant/holder will have attended an Level 3 Certificate in Wool Harvesting and Level 4 Grade crossbred and mid micron wool. Due to many experienced wool handlers that have the skills to carry out grading of XB and/or Mid Micron wool but do not have the required qualification NZWCA will consider them for registration once grading carried out by them and a shed inspection is submitted for assessment by NZWCA.
- The QP registration is recognised by the NZWCA and members of the wider wool industry as a symbol of a wool handler having been trained to consistently meet quality standards for wool preparation.
- A QP registration holder may grade and apply their registration to crossbred and mid micron wool.
- A QP registration holder can upgrade to QX registration on two crossbred clips including a shed inspection have been approved or a QH registration on two mid micron clips including a shed inspection have been approved
- Once they have been approved for crossbred and mid micron they qualify for a QB registration
- A Q registration holder can apply for classer status by enrolling in and completing the N Z Certificate in Wool Technology (this is not mandatory).
Provisional Classer “P” Registration
- A graduate of the Certificate in N Z Wool Technology course can apply for membership of the NZWCA and Provisional classer status.
- A “P” classer can upgrade their registration on presentation of 3 clips of a breed (crossbred, Mid Micron & Merino).
- As each breed is presented and approved you are upgraded for Crossbred to X, for Mid Micron to H for Merino to M. When you have been approved for Crossbred & Mid Micron you are upgraded to B, Cross Bred & Merino to C, Mid Micron & Merino to D. On completion of Merino, Mid-Micron and Crossbred you qualify for A (full registration)
Owner classer “F” Registration
- No formal qualification is required
- Only applies to clips that you have a direct relationship to, such as Owner/Manager
- Shed inspection and Clip has been assessed by wool representive (such as wool broker/merchant) or NZWCA
- Once clips have been approved by NZWCA you qualify for F registration plus prefix on breed Merino would be “FM”, Crossbred “FX” and Mid Micron “FH”
Classers with overseas Registration
- The classers is required to register with NZWCA and provide copies of relevant classer’s qualification.
- On acceptance you are required to go through the same process as a provisional classer (“P” registration)